Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Wednesday journaling: Morning prayer, failure, my journaling delight, and my appreciation for times of storm


Wednesday, June 28, 2016, 740 a.m.

MORNING PRAYER AND JOURNALING

Lord, again, I say good morning and thank you for this day. Please help me use it to draw ever closer to you. I just want to bring you the glory. Use me. May every word I think, say, and journal be pleasing to you and be of you. Abba, help me not waste one moment. Not one second. I want to intentionally be with You and focus on you and your Word. Help me stay focused and not get sidetracked. I want to bring you glory. Help me, Father, to look all around and see all of the blessings of each moment today. Help me not miss one blessing. I want to enjoy you and life to the fullest today because it is you who created me and gave me my life. You are amazing and are wonderful. You make me full of wonder. To You, my Creator, be all the glory, honor, and praise today and in every moment today. 

HAVE I FAILED?

Just because what I have done has not worked out, it does not mean I have failed. I am referring to my writing and journaling here, by the way. It has been seven years and my writing has been all over the map. I have tried writing hundreds of projects. Literally. I have tried most genres of writing. I have spent all sorts of time not committing. But, have I failed?

No. I have not failed. I have given it my all. I have tried my hardest. For the most part, that is. Of course, I could have always tried even harder. Things just have not worked out with my writing. 

But, it has not been in vain. I have been honing my skills, which is not lost. This is critical. It has helped me form my voice.

Moreover, my all over the place writing has helped me figure out what I really should write. Also, of my writing, I have several blog posts and journaling entries that could lead to something one day. Who knows. 

I do not regret any writing I have done. I just wished I would have stayed committed to writing one style, one genre, one piece. 

MY JOURNALING DELIGHT: APPRECIATING EVERY MOMENT, INCLUDING TIMES OF CHALLENGE AND STORM 

I have written a great deal about journaling. I have done far more journaling. So, why not journal full-time and share the story of my journaling life and my life of faith? Isn't this the very best I can do? Isn't this what would bring me the most delight?

I have gone through a great deal in my life. I have had my share of storms and challenges. I may only be in my early forties, but when I was in my early thirties, my eighty year old grandmother said that I had gone through then what few people go through in their entire lifetime. Do I bemoan my storms? No. Do I regret them? No. Do I wish things were different? No. Truly. They have made me who I am. They have given me a strong faith. They have blessed me beyond belief.

Hence, I realize I should journal about this and share these stories and how I can say, "Thank God for every moment of my life, past, present, and future..." and I truly mean it.

I can count an infinite number of blessings in every moment, particularly during times of storm and challenge. I should journal and share how I got to this point. 

Journaling is my delight because it has helped me appreciate every moment I have lived, am living, and will live. This is what I will share. 

(Photo and image credit: Stacy Duplease and Remembering Your Present, LLC 2016.) 

1 comment:

  1. God has given you a voice that he wants you to share. Journaling is your life, it's what God has given you. He wants to use you through your writing. He has created you, now let Him create you even more through your writing.

    ReplyDelete