Thursday, June 30, 2016

Journaling the small stuff to the big stuff: Journal about everything and as much as possible



JOURNAL ABOUT EVERYTHING AND JOURNAL AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE

2016-06-29 09:39:19

I learned long ago how important it is not to censor my journaling. What I mean here is how it is important to journal everything: the small stuff, the big stuff, and everything in-between. After all, I have noticed through the years that it is in the seemingly small, petty, insignificant stuff that I find the most meaning. At the time, it might seem all those things, but later, they mean the most, in other words. 

Also, it is the small stuff that most often leads to the big A-HA! moments. 

Yes. In the grocery and to do lists. In the rattling off what I did that day. In the silly moments. In the small details... It is in these things that great meaning often comes to the foreground.

It is also the smaller parts that lead to great meaning later (as I said a moment ago). 

A rule of thumb I learned long ago is to journal everything. What has meaning now will not have much meaning later and the things that do not mean much will mean a great deal later. Everything has its season. And, that constantly changes. 

I journal about everything and I journal as much as possible. The more I journal, the more material I have for later to review and see the beauty of life. I can see God's work in my life, through my life, and around my life, when I review my journaling later. I can also see patterns in my life later. I also can see more blessings later when I read my journaling again. 

God does not waste anything. Every moment and every detail counts. They are sacred. 

This is why I journal. This is also why I journal about everything and I journal as much as possible. It adds color to my life--now and later. 

(Photo and image credit: Stacy Duplease and Remembering Your Present, LLC 2009-2016.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment